Hi all! We learned this afternoon that Dot is struggling more. For the last month or two she has been losing weight, sleeping more and more, and rarely talking. Some days are better than others, though. She had a very hard day today, with fever and was unable to take food or medicine. Chip came down to be with Charles at the nursing home in trying to decide on a course of action. Apparently some Tylenol is helping, and they are trying antibiotics in case this is pneumonia. Hopefully she'll be able to go to dialysis tomorrow as scheduled and the doctor there can offer better advice. It may be that this is the time to opt for hospice, which would mean a final few days. Dolly will probably fly up tomorrow, but will decide in the morning. We'll keep you posted and will appreciate your prayers for all.
Mom's got a 2pm flight, and I'll be getting phone calls to keep me updated. I expect that depending on what they decide, I'll fly up Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see. Maybe it will all get better, but this has been building for a long time.